Tuesday, January 17, 2006

My Stronghold

The Lord has revealed to me a stronghold or a nastier word, an idol, in my life. I am not sure I have been so convicted quite like this before and I am not even sure I quite know how to grab His freedom for power over this! But I have some scripture He has given me this morning and I am going to cling to His word for redemption!

He started me off in Ps. 17:3, "Though you probe my heart and examine me at night,though you test me you will find nothing; I have resolved that my mouth will not sin!" Now at least He started me off with a bit of encouragement. He gave me a prayer I can pray in hopes it will be my truth one day. "The truth shall set you free."

This stronghold will cause me not to physically hunger so much, but I will long for it such as an addiction. It will call my name and it will beckon my indulgence! But you have promised me in Ps. 17:14b, "You still the hunger of those your cherish." You will not only slay my enemies, but you will still the longings and callings I hear for this stronghold. Praise you Jesus!! "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." Ps. 32:7

The breaking of this stronghold is for His glory. It may hurt and it may cause a deeper discipline, but I know it is for my own good and His greater glory! But the most wonderful thing about being broken and spilled out, it brings about Joy. This will be a time that I praise Him and this will be a time that I rejoice in the discipline. Your desire for me and my desire in serving you is to be clean to the bone. (Some are ugly to the bone - like my brother used to say - but I want to be clean to the bone. (just a little humor there.)) Ps 51:6 "Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place." You don't want me to just be clean to the touch or to those that just see me, you want it in my inner parts and heart of hearts! Please Father, get me there. Give me specific directions to get me there! I long for your victory!

Lord, this is something you have been speaking to my heart for some time. Getting past just the teaching of your Word, but really living it in everyday living! Put feet to my faith!!

I pray that joy just overflows because I see your work!! "Cleanse me with hyssop and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice." Brokenness should always result in joy!!!!!!!!! May Your joy exude from me!!

My final prayer, "O Lord open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise. You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." Ps. 51:15-17

Break me, heal me, "victory" me!

No comments: