Friday, August 11, 2006

On our Face

Lord, when I was in high school I remember longing for a real Christian boyfriend. I just wanted someone to feel the same way I felt about the Lord. I wanted us to be a team, AND I didn't want to be the leader. After doing the dating thing and even on into college You finally led me to my husband, Clayton! Thank you for his leadership in our house, thank you for his humility, and thank you for his great convictions on his heart! I know we have been greatly blessed with such a wonderful relationship and I can only give You all the glory, credit, and praise. We do have our yucky, stinky, no fun days. But praise You for bringing us back through Your power and miracle of reunification! It truly is a miracle. When 2 people can have a nasty day and even disgruntled with one another and all the common stresses and yet by the end of the day hug and love and ready to start the next day over with complete peace. That is a miracle to me! Thank you!

Clay and I are constantly evaluating our situations, the kids and their provisions such as school, sports, friends, etc. and we just need some wisdom. You are blessing us and we thank you! In raising the kids and just with life in general there just seems to be such a burden of expectation and actualization! Oh Lord, I need to see things through Your eyes. I need to see Your purposes and Your intentions and Your motivations! I, WE, need your wisdom.

I found myself in Ps. 81 today and found much peace. Thank you for always coming through when the time is taken to look and listen and be still. I think the latter, be still, is the key and has been easy this week with the kids gone, but the "storm" will be back!

Ps. 81 6 He says, "I removed the burden from their shoulders; their hands were set free from the basket.
7 In your distress you called and I rescued you, I answered you out of a thundercloud; I tested you at the waters of Meribah.

This Psalm is specifically talking about the Israelites as they traveled in the dessert. I love that HE will remove the burden. Thank you for that. Lord, I give you any kind of burden I feel or that Clay feels. We hand them over to you asking that you take care of it all! I thank you that your yoke is easy and Your burden is light! Your are incredible in strength! Thank you for allowing us to cry out in distress, but also in the confidence that You not only hear, but that You listen and are constantly working! Thank you for being our rescuer. You spoke to the Israelites through a thundercloud, but we have Your Word and the Spirit. Make us tune in and really hear Your still, quiet voice!

The last verse I did some digging in. "I tested you at the waters of Meribah." This was a time that the Israelites were grumpy and complaining and even Moses was scared of being stoned - they were so mad. They were more than anything thirsty. God spoke to Moses and told him to do certain things to a rock. Strike the rock and water will spring forth. (Ex. 17:7 - this is different than the time God told Moses to just speak to the rock.) So Moses did just that and God was praised and His glory was shown. But it was a test! The Isrealites thought they might have been testing God and I believe Moses even makes mention of that, but really it was also God testing His leader, Moses. Would He flow His commands? Would He do just as asked, and strike the rock? At this time, Moses did what was asked and as always God came forth just as promised! Faithful, always faithful! Water, Spring of Life!

I feel like I have some tests in my life and You are waiting to see if I will do as You command. Oh Lord, I desire to go in your ways. I desire to do Your will, I desire to walk in Your righteousness! Not just words from my mouth, but make those real intentions of my heart! Spring forth the water, Lord. I need to see Your work, I want to see Your glory, I need to know Your confirmations! Please Lord, I beg! Make Yourself obvious to us both! I love you, Lord!

10 I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.

No comments: