Friday, September 01, 2006

Post - op!

Wow, the surgery was a little more invasive and more involved than I expected. Maybe that is a good thing that I didn't know. Lord Jesus, I have not sat down with the Word this morning and I long to hear from you! I am on quite a bit of pain medicine so I am not sure I could really interpret much of Your Word anyway. ha ha!! I might have a revelation like John the revelator - JUST JOKING, he was truly inspired by God!!

They did end up wanting to keep me overnight because of the "situation" - having to go transverse vaginally - something like that - but ended up sending me home with a catheter and major packing. I know that is way more information than many want to know, but that is all I will say.

I went back to the doctor today to get things back to normal and boy do I feel like at least a half a million bucks. ha ha! I do feel tons better though. Mom and Dad are here helping take the kids to and fro everywhere. It was Elleigh and SJ's first day of preschool. They had a blast. Mom is making fresh greens beans, fresh corn, cornbread, and fried green tomatoes!!!!!!!! I am so excited - for the most awesome, perfect meal and one I didn't have to cook! I wished I liked to cook, but I do not!!! Maybe some day!

Well, tomorrow will be a great day. One day closer to normal. ha! Thank you Lord for taking care of me and for all the e-mails of concern and phone calls. Thank you for Clay's help and my parents too. Your people are full of You!! Bless them immeasurably! Can't wait to hear from You tomorrow morning! I love You!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of surgery did you have? Did you have a hysterectomy?

Cool web site. I wish I had time for stuff like this.

Love you,

Laura T

melanie said...

Praying for you, Leigh. And oh how I wanted to come eat that southern meal! I finally got your blog listed on my sidebar! blessings mel

Anonymous said...

Leigh: What happened? You and I must be on some kind of wavelength lately! So many times the Scriptures that you discuss, etc, are the very same things I've been studying, sharing with the kids, etc. And in less than a month and a half, I've had two major surgeries, the last of which was three days ago, when I had two huge hernias repaired. When they tell you laproscopic surgery is the best way to go, remind them that is ONLY for the lack of big scars. I'm in a lot of pain! BUT, as always, God is SO-O-O-O-O-O GOOD! Write me sometime, when you get the chance. I've got a publisher at least willing to look at my writing about my son, and my autobiography, and somethings else I've been working on. Nothing solid yet!

Blessings and love, Shari Ewing