Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Getting the best of me...

Wow Lord, today is one of those days that the defeated one is getting the best of me. I feel under much attack and I can not really pin point it. It really could be that today is rainy, i woke up late, and have a ton of laundry to do! I know that sounds kind of surface, kind of immature, and kind of "baby" Christian-ish. But honesty will be my motto for today.

Last night my single girls came over and we had such a blast. I don't mean laughing hard and being silly, but just so much fun in the Lord. I was overwhelmingly burdened by this whole Haggard drama and just could not and still can not get it out of my mind. We talked about how we can live above reproach. We discussed how we slip, miss the mark, and just really blow it. We talked about how we can stay not just above water, but soaring high with our Lord. I wanted to reinforce to them that none of us, no not one is above the kinds of things that we hear about in so many Christians falling. None of us!!! Billy Graham says, "But by the grace of God, there go I."

Lord, more than any dream i could ask to be fulfilled, I ask that You keep me above reproach in every single area of my life. I am know i am capable of unmentionable sin as we all are. But Lord, please protect me from Satan's plan for my life. I know Your plan for me is to prosper, not to harm me, keep me safe, and to bless. But Satan's plans are just the opposite! He wants to harm me and wants to take me down. He is waiting for my demise and would love to destroy me. He wants to keep me from all blessings and all favor of the Lord.

Thank you Jesus that I am in Your hands and that none can snatch me out. Thank you that You are my refuge and my stronghold. You are my strength and my Redeemer when i do fail. I want to live a life worthy of You, but it almost seems impossible. Satan is waiting and working hard to make the Lord's team seem like a failure. He is working overtime to destroy one by one if possible. He knows he can not win and will not win the war, but if he can weaken the team what better a feat! He wants to see us destroy one another. I prayed hard for the Haggard man and his family this morning! I pray his church is setting up some kind of restoration plan for him and some kind of healing love. He needs help and he needs love and forgiveness. No different than you and I!

This passage is what Gabriel is saying to Daniel in a vision. Highly esteemed!!! WOW!

Daniel 9:22-23
22 He instructed me and said to me, "Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding. 23 As soon as you began to pray, an answer was given, which I have come to tell you, for you are
highly esteemed.

Lord, please hear my prayer and come to my rescue. I know i am far from being highly esteemed, but please train me and guide me and lead me! Please give me insight and understanding! I worship You for You are highly esteemed!!

No comments: