Monday, November 26, 2007

480 - Narrow minded!

"This is the day (past few days) the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." Lord, thank you for a wonderful Thanksgiving time at home with my parents and brother's family in Knoxville. We had such a great time. The kids played so well together and really enjoyed themselves. The cooking was so scrumptious and fellowship even better. I had a dream come true and had no idea it would. I have dreams of sitting at the kitchen table with many, many people and just talking about the Lord and how awesome it is to serve Him. Well, my brother is helping out with a new church plant in the Cincinnati area! We sat at the kitchen table and talked for a good piece about the struggles in starting a church - of which i know nothing about - talked about some scriptures, and then just the Lord. It was a dream come true for me. My brother helps lead worship and then all the many other jobs. He is very musically talented! I am just so proud for him and so totally excited. The Lord has a precious grip on his life and he and his wife are walking in what they feel led. I could not be more pumped. Thank you Lord - thank you for allowing another dream to come true!! Praise You!

As I was driving home from Knoxville, Tn. I had ton of time to be thinking. I was reminded of an interview I heard of Halley Berry and her new "love" and father of her child. She has been married a few times and it has been bad. The interviewer ask her if she has plans to remarry the father of her child. She responded sort of like this - "I am not going to go down the marriage road again. Obviously I am not very good at it. I don't think you have to be married to be committed to someone or show your love. In fact we are going to redefine marriage, love, commitment, family" - I can not remember the exact word. But the point was that for some reason she felt that she was important enough to redefine something that largely the world accepts - even those that do not believe in a man and woman - they still believe in the institution of marriage and want their stab at it. But not for Halley - she was going to redefine it for the world to know and live based on her own definitions.

Lord Jesus - I do not think she is a Christian, but I don't know that she is not either. I will not go there. But it just got me thinking. Grace, every thing must be seasoned with grace. If i were to sit down and have a conversation with her, I must have grace. Because what I am going to tell her and the world is narrow minded and I think God has called us to that. Maybe not what the Lord defines as narrow minded. There are only a few ways to do things, well actually one way to do things and that is His way. Any other way is contrary to the Word! Call me narrow minded, but I call it living in the favor!

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small the gate and NARROW is the road that leads to life, and only a few will find it." Matt. 7:13-14.

There is only one way to the Father, there is only one way HE defines marriage, there is only one way to live - attached to the Vine, there is only one way to receive Salvation, there is only one way to go about living my life - die to self. I guess that is pretty narrow minded, but once you enter through that narrow gate my oh my the blessings of living on the Vine.

But as I was saying before I know, Lord, you are telling me that everything must be seasoned with grace and mercy and love and so much more!! According to Micah 6:8 I have an obligation to speak out against direct injustices that the Lord has placed in front of me to do something about. But as I speak out, I must have love about me. I must be willing to speak the truth, but in a way that lovingly directs people to the Father. He will do the calling them to Himself, but I am responsible to do the seed planting even if it was brought on by the narrow minded revelations of wrong.

Only by your grace and mercy have i been able to walk through the narrow gate. Only by the Blood of Christ was I drawn to you to say yes - take all of me! Oh Father thank you!! Thank you for allowing me to feel Your pull so many years ago and have the courage, desire, want to, narrow mindedness to say yes!!! Oh Lord, thank you!!

Please be in prayer for me. 2 things - I speak this Friday at a moms group in Marion, Il. Also the doctors have found a very small cyst on my ovary. It is small, but that booger hurts and is causing me some serious discomfort. Ugh!! I am on some meds and hopefully it will dissipate on its own. I go for more blood work on Tuesday and another ultrasound in January. Thank you Lord for knowing all this ahead of time - like the beginning of time - and not being shocked at all!!! I loved that my Creator is in control!!

10 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

I saw that interview you are talking about and I was quite suprised myself..you are very right, people's "ways" are changing drastically and we are not in a fun position!

Praying for you today, I know those cysts are painful, I had one a long time ago. I'll be praying for your tests that it will all be clean!!

ocean mommy said...

I'm praying for you! Keep us posted as you feel you can. :)

Living in the favor. I love that concept! So true.

Glad your Thanksgiving was a prayer come true!

Blessings,
steph.

Leah said...

What a great family picture! =) And how fun to read about your Thanksgving Day chatter. Sounds like a blessing to me!

I will keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted on your progress.

Valarie said...

GIRL! LOVE that picture! Man, what are you feedin' them young'uns? ;-)

God was good this holiday that's for sure!

Will be prayin and keep me posted!
Love to ya.

PS. Yes she got Bambi!! Can you believe it? More nerve then I'll EVER have that's for sure! haha

Lindsee Lou said...

Happy Late Thanksgiving! Glad y'all had such a good time...and glad the kids played well. I think my mom was thankful each year that we made it out of a holiday alive. It's all better now, though, we love eachother and get along great!! :)

Lindsee

Fran said...

The picture was wonderful and it sounded like a wonderful weekend with family!

I'm praying for you....Friday morning and the cyst.

Lovin the Lord with you!
Fran

Holly said...

Praying for you and your day today at the doctor--that God will watch over you, friend...you bless my socks off! God in you and through you is awesome!!
Love,
Holly

A Place For Ministry Wives/A Place For Me said...

What a blessing that God allowed the "sitting around the table talking about Jesus" dream to come to fruition!

Also, I am so sorry about that cyst! Thanks for letting us know! Keep us posted!

paul said...

Hi Leigh!

My name is Paul Peterson. I will be planting a church in Cincinnati next year... like your brother.

How did I find your blog? I have my Google alert set to pick up any mention of church plants in Cincinnati and your most recent post was picked up!

I'd love to connect with your brother to find out more about the what, where, how, and who of what he's involved in.

Can you connect us? my e-mail is ppeterson at mountainlakechurch dot org

Thanks!

Paul

P.S. the gmail e-mail bounced back that's why I'm using the blog as a connection point.

Karen Hossink said...

Leigh, Another narrow-minded, Jesus-lovin' friend here - praying for you!
I have been away for awhile and when I read in your more recent post about a cyst, I wanted to search through 'til I could find out what it was about. There is great comfort in knowing God is not surprised, isn't there? Praying now that He'll resolve the issue for your good and His glory.
Love you,
Karen