Tuesday, March 09, 2010

812 - Fighting in the Fight

The Lord has convicted me about posting a few of my older blogposts. So I dug this one up. You will read at the end about a friend trying to adopt a foster child. This particular child did not "go thru". But God did eventually give her another child.......I believe because she fought in the fight!!!



I Chron. 5:20 They were helped in fighting them, and God handed the Hagrites and all their allies over to them, because they cried out to him during the battle. He answered their prayers, because they trusted in him.

This scripture hit me like a ton of bricks this morning and I had to just think on it all day!! We will have fights to fight!! We will not have an easy life. We will have to work for everything and nothing, really, will be given to us. We are required to put forth effort and we are required to sweat it out!! God delivered the "people" from their enemies, but why - because they cried out to Him - when - DURING the battle. How many times do I wait until the battle has conquered me to run to Him to get me out of it after the fact. I forget or don't make the time, let's be honest with myself, to get on my knees immediately when the battle approaches. God helped these people because they were fighting the good fight - effort - and they acknowledged Him during the midst of it all!! But wait - the last part is the best - why did He answered their prayers during the fight???? Because they trusted in Him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Believe, we have got to believe.

I have a sweet friend that is "fighting" for a foster child that she wants to adopt! She has named the baby, she has done everything to display her faith that this will be her child. And get this, during the battle she is praying and begging others to pray!!!! WOW - she is not just waiting for the test to be over and then pray for a healing of her heart!! She is believing!! But here is the neatest part. This past Sunday, April had the baby dedicated at the church. That is only done for your own kids. I mean I have never seen any one do it for a foster child though. But that is believing again!! She is praying during the battle and trusting Him to come through!!! She is mature enough to know that things may not turn out the way she is wanting, but she is acting and displaying a faith that her GOD will come through because she knows HE is able!!!

Please tell me about what you are fighting in the fight? Thanks, leigh

No comments: