Tuesday, May 25, 2010

843 - You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!!

Morning Lord...
If find a very interesting thing in the Faith. I find many people want to ask the Lord for whatever is on their mind or whatever it is they think they need or deserve, but then mentioning that they will receive a gift according to what they have done puts them on the defensive and makes them mad arguing that they believe we should all be given the same or nothing at all. Do you ever see that or hear that?

One has the attitude of entitlement asking for whatever one wants at any moment and then quite angry or even rejecting the Lord when He "doesn't come through". It is as if their own wants, needs, desires, etc. are so much more important than anyone elses and that just because of who they are and who they "think" God is - they should get all they want no matter what the previous actions have been. I see it all the time - in my own life as well.

Rev. 22:12 "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give it to everyone according to what He has done."

Lord, that verse right there is kind of cut and dry. I have a gift for you and you will receive a portion of it according to what you have done! I feel like I can hear the Lord saying now - I am watching you and seeing how you do each and every day. Salvation is a free gift that has no strings attached, but I am bringing another gift with me as well according to what you have done. Your faith without works has been dead and useless. And I have seen that as well. Oh yes, you are my child, but I had so much for you! Yes, I do reward for what you do! It is about grace and mercy - it is grace and mercy that I have another gift for you according to what you have done! Daughter - you get what you get and you don't throw a fit!

Lord, I think I understand what you are saying this morning! I think I understand I have much responsibility in my walk with you. Lord, help me to rise above my feelings. Help me to walk in a way that brings you honor. Lord, help me to be the servant that has actions to back up my faith. Lord, help your servant to love YOU unconditionally. I know You do us - but help me to love you that way too! Help me to understand the seriousness of my sin and how is effects You and all those around me!! Lord, let me live in the understanding of I get what I get and I don't throw a fit! Lord, speak to me and thru me! I love you - amen!

1 comment:

cherimarie said...

Love your prayer! Can I say ditto to what Leigh said Lord??

It's very true to, I have many people in my life that have walked away from God because he didn't provide the way they wanted him to so therefore he isn't a good God etc. Grace and mercy get us through and knowing that His ways are not our ways. :)