Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ecuador Repost

Coming back home to the real world and having to process all that I experienced on the Compassion International trip is quite daunting!! It seems like for me that they may be one of those times that I am completely speechless. I have fragments, I have expressions, I have feelings, to put the whole experience into eloquent words – well, and it just may not come out that way!

Leaving on Monday morning I can honestly say that I didn’t know what to expect. The only mission trip I had really been on overseas was to Germany with Athletes in Action and we were playing tennis with those in private clubs. It was so much fun and fulfilling, but nothing that made my heart move in such ways that change was eminent! So to go to a “developing” country, as I have now learned the term, was something I am not sure anyone can really prepared himself or herself for!

There are so any things that I want to talk about.

I want to tell you about the folks that went on the trip with me.

I want to tell you about the well-oiled machine of Compassion International.

I want to talk about the Compassion staff and translators that worked with us.

I want to tell you about the home visits.

The joy and appreciation from the kids and their parents.

My feelings of how do I express what my experience has now convicted me about.

How do I bring this home and truly live it out in my house – and what does that look like?

My perception of poverty has changed so much!

My thoughts of how I accept this challenge and express it in a grace filled message and not a guilt message!

How do I deal with my own blessed-ness!

Seriously I could on and on – and I probably will over the next few days. But the hardest part for me will be that life is back – my real life with a hubby and 4 kids is back and I can not let that be hinder by my experience nor let my experience hinder my real life! What a dichotomy!

Here is the bottom line for me – you can trust Compassion International. You can be blessed beyond your wildest dreams and change someone’s lack of hope to a hope filled life just by a small donation each month. You can know with 100% certainty that you are not getting taken.You can know that I too am putting my money where my mouth is, and I don’t even know what that looks like for right now. To begin as I have told you before – I have 4 sponsored kids. I am not proud to say I sponsor those kids, I am privileged! Will you join me in this privilege? If so, click on the Compassion International Icon on the side of my blog! And then let me know!

No comments: