Tuesday, May 24, 2011

No Devotion, No Wonders...

Good morning - Just a short hello and check in.  This past weekend in my very own town we had a youth event on Saturday called Break Free at the Children's Home and then had youth Sunday at our church.  IT WAS FABO!!  We had the incredibly awesome Ryan Warren speaking and what a mark he has left on my church!  He touched us all through the Word that we have not moved in a long time!!!  even to tears!!  

I have been off all media, except for a few emergencies, since the middle of March.  It has been wonderfully freeing.  But after some prompting from some friends and loved ones AND the granted permission from the Lord, I am coming back to the blog.  I am so glad to be coming back to this.  After I have my time with the Lord in the morning, I need a place to let it out or allow it to become real for me and that is done most effectively through writing it out or speaking it through...........on this blog!  (I still am not sure when FB or Twitter will come back, but thanks for asking.)  So here we go!

Heavenly Father - thank you again for the wonderful message we received on Sunday through Ryan.  He preached from Acts 2, verses 42ff.  


42And(A) they devoted themselves to the apostles’(B) teaching and the(C) fellowship, to(D) the breaking of bread and the prayers. 43And awe[a] came upon every soul, and(E) many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles.


God, I am no different than the average bear.  I long to see amazing things in this world that You are part of.  I want to see signs and wonders.  I don't want to miss it.  I want to be there where the action is.  I want to stand in awe when I see your wonders preformed.  I can honestly say that I don't desire every time to be part of the wonders and signs, but I just want to be there.  


But before I go any further I recognize I must have on eyes that work like Yours.  These miraculous things that are done through Your hands may not be what the world is looking for.  These wonders may be a friend coming to church for the first time.  A stranger opening up themselves to a sweet conversation about YOU!  A wonder can be the very power within me allowing me to walk away from cookies - that is a wonder folks - huge!!  I recognize that I must see things through Your perspective.  


But the bottom line here is that there must be devotion.  Yes, there may be a few times that You allow me to see things during a spiritual drought.  The purpose may be to bring me out of that drought.  But most of time according to this scripture I will see signs and wonders - like 3000 getting saved in one day- because I am devoted to the cause - knowing my Lord Jesus Christ.  


Being devoted, committed, sold out, on fire, lit up, freakish for Him - will give me the perspective to see sign and wonders.  It will give me the opportunity to discern the Heavenly things here on earth.  It will close my earthly eyes and allow me to see through His.  But only after there is devotion!!!  


Too many times I do not want to work hard.  Too many times I just want to sit back and coast.  Too many times I want to take the "spiritual" excuse of "I'm just waiting on God".  That is hogwash!!!  Devotion happens everyday when we meet with Him personally - that private devotion!!!  


Oh Jesus - it is so good to hear from You in this incredible and wonderful way.  I thank you for the powerful way you spoke through my new friend Ryan!  He really rocked so many of us!!!  I ask that you bless he and Katie in incredible ways.  I have never met Katie, but after the way Ryan spoke so highly of her so often, I pray for that gift.  Jesus, I want devotion - I want YOU!!!  Jesus, help me to be faithfully on fire!!!  I want to see and be part of your movement, signs, and wonders!!!  I love you - amen!  

4 comments:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

test

Angie Combs said...

I was just thinking about you this morning and how much I have missed your vlogs. I loved hearing about what you had read and how the Lord was speaking to you through His Word.

Glad to see you back and looking forward to hearing about how He is impacting you life!

Love and Hugs!!
Angie

heidi said...

I was thinking about you this morning and wondered where is Leigh?? Been praying for you. You are such a blessing! Glad to see you back. :) The Lord has a mighty path for you.

Sara G said...

Glad you are blogging again! I have missed you but so thankful that He has had you and sharing His word with you. May we all stay on fire to His mighty ways!

Many blessings!
Sara G