Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's Not Just the Bad that is Wrong

Dear Lord, So often I am just a half a day to giving up all social media because of different stuff I see.  I don't know how to explain it, but so much of it is all about ourselves.  I'm including myself in this observation.  But then you bring something to me and help me to know my time is not done there yet and to keep on.  In fact, I felt Your conviction so as to discern that not taking place, not participating in this avenue of ministry, not even using this for Your good and Glory........... it would be sin!

Lord, as these thoughts come to me it almost causes me to go to my knees because I don't understand it at all.  I have even thought I have to be making this up in my mind.  But after much prayer, conviction, and confirmation - I will obey and in that obedience there will be action.........again!


" If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them."  James 4:17


I really appreciate this verse so much!  I appreciate the specificity of it!  It doesn't just say that anyone that knows good and doesn't do it randomly is sinning, but it is specific to me!  When I know something He has called me to do no matter what it is - no matter how silly it may seem - no matter how many other times I have done it - no matter if it has never worked before - no matter what - IF i don't or chose not to follow through on this "good" - that is not just general sin, but this is sin for me!!!!  


What is it in your life?  What is it that you keep passing by for some reason?  What is it that you hear Him saying - I need you to do this "goodness" and you don't make time, you done feel like it will be effective, you don't want to get involved, you think it is stupid, you are embarrassed, you are don't see any good that could come from that....................


It is not just the obvious bad that is sin in our lives, it is not doing the obvious good that is sin as well.  Oh Lord, may we hear you!  Oh Lord, may we respond to you.  Oh Lord, may we have joy in our hearts.  And Oh Lord, may You be pleased!!  I love you Savior!!  

No comments: