Monday, October 10, 2011

How do you know when you have suffered?

29 For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him  Phil. 1:29


Have some question weighing on my heart and mind today.  Hopefully I can get them all out before the kids wake up.  We don't have school today and my daughter had a sleepover........hopefully they will sleep a long time!!  


Take a look at another interpretation of the same scripture above.  There's far more to this life than trusting in Christ. There's also suffering for him. And the suffering is as much a gift as the trusting. Phil. 1:29


Wow - suffering is as much a gift as trusting - that is deep and profound and convicting too.  


How do YOU know when you have suffered for Christ?


Have you ever suffered for Christ?  


What was that like?  


Did you get to the point where you felt it was a gift?


How do you tell the difference between suffering and discipline?


Is physical sickness and disease part of suffering? 




I really would love your thoughts on this!!  You are welcome to email me as well.  I have lots of opinions, but I want to hear from you.


Have a wonderful day - I'm off to do laundry!!   

No comments: