Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I Hear You!

I was speaking on Sunday morning at a church near by home. It was a great event and the ladies were so kind considering I barely had one eyes open from the sleepless nights with my kids tonsil surgery. Anyway - I experienced a really neat thing as I was speaking. My husband has said over and over that he thinks our move to Nashville is about him getting another company, is about my kids being closer to both grandparents, but also about my speaking ministry. He thinks there is something waiting for me there! I sure hope so, but I just don't know.

So as I was speaking about Radical Faith and doing whatever He calls you to do, I was telling the ladies it was incredible Esther had to wait approximately 1 year before she would be presented to the king. She had to go through a tremendous amount of preparation before He would allow her "for such a time as this" purpose in life to occur. Most of us would have given up. We would not have waited the year and gone to all the trouble to do something we may not really have wanted to do, like Esther, in the first place. (At least on Veggie Tales she was not excited. Ha!)

The moment I said those words, I felt the Spirit come over me and say - that is very similar to your preparation to Nashville. There are some things I need to do with you and to you before I set you off in Nashville. That was very strange to be ministered to in the middle of my message. 99% of the time He has ministered to me before I ever sit down to write a message. In fact, if He has not brought me through something I find it very difficult and hypocritical to write anything. But this message was written a good 18 months ago and He is still "learning" me! Thank you Jesus!

So this morning He used some scripture to confirm my calling and what He is doing in my life right now. Isaiah 42 (again) verses 6 and 7. "I, the Lord, have called you into righteousness, I will take hold of your hand, I will keep you and I will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open the eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness!!"

First of all, He has called me into righteousness. I think that is lifetime thing, but I also believe there is some serious righteousness He is needing to invade my soul with this next year. I think that would probably have to do with my mouth. Let''s be real!
He is going to take hold of me and not let me go. Uh Oh, this may be painful!! I am excited to be used as Jesus is as a light to the Gentiles, to help the blind to see, help those in bondage break free, and help those in the pit climb out!!!!

Oh Lord, find me faithful and find me up to each task!! I am ready, you have energized me this morning and I am ready to get going. Thank you for this inspiration and thank you for confirming my calling once again! Today is Your day, do as you want! I believe!

No comments: