Monday, July 10, 2006

Hold my hand!

Psalm 73:23-26 (New International Version)

23 Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Dear Lord, I feel like you have led me to this passage this morning for much comfort and much encouragement. Thank you for always being with me. Thank you for always holding my hand like that of a parent so gently caring for a child. I know I am your precious child, but I know this child needs some work. I need more faith like a child and I need unwavering confidence in my Daddy. This Psalm is talking about taking care of me from birth until we meet in heaven. I want to have more confidence in You that i can trust my "leadings" to be Your council - only after much prayer that is - and in the end we will meet in heaven or as the scripture says it - "You will take me into glory."

The scripture also says "earth has nothing I desire besides you". I am honestly not at that point yet, but I would like to get there. I am not sure what that looks like though. I guess the bottom line is that if all is taken away I could survive by just what you place in my hands each day. Oh Lord, I do want to desire more of You. I want to have a love relationship with you that never grows stale. I know the staleness can only come from me, so preserve me and push out my sin! Lord, I want to remember to speak with you all day and I want to be changed each moment that I am with you. What good is it to spend time with you every morning and then walk away and not treat the kids differently, my family, and my friends? I know I can not live a perfect life, but I want to be different. I want to love with all of me and be able to push away that which could hinder my relationship with you! Do it , Lord and show me! I want to really know You and I want to really see You and I want to see You glorified!

"God is my strength of heart and my portion forever" the scripture states. "You are more than enough", one speaker rattled off. She had it all. Is that easy for one to say that, that has it all or was it because she knew You were enough and her portion that you were able to bless her with it all. Father I feel like I need more of Your strength in my heart. I know tougher days are ahead - or can it really stay this good forever. I want you to strengthen my heart to be confident in Your decisions and to stick with Your plan. I want to be strong enough to walk away from those things that are not part of my portion nor part of Your desires. I want to desire You!

Lord, do your work today. I want to hear from you today through a new friend. May we glorify you in conversation. I met a girl named Robin at one of my events and we just seemed to have so much in common. So we have kept in touch over the months and it just gets weirder - in a good way - and weirder by the minute. It is really neat. She has 3 kids, but one is an Emma Joy and also a Tyler (very close to my Tucker). She lives in Brantley Oaks down in Weddington, I live in Brantley Oaks in Charlotte. Her third child is my littlest ones age as well. It goes on and on! I am excited to get to know her more today. They are coming over to go swimming!

Please bless all of Clay's efforts today and show him Your path. Continue to guide him and give him vision and fine tune the mission. I love you, Lord! Thanks for keeping the kids asleep!

No comments: