Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Psalm 23 - I don't want to want!

Dear Lord and Savior, Thank you for meeting with me this morning! I actually read these verses last night to the girls before bed and just knew this is where I was to go the next morning for my QT. I have such a exposition of each verse in my life right now!! Thank you!

Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
Oh Lord, I want to not be in want for anything other than You! You are willing and able to be my all and all if I would just learn to be content in Your provisions and in Your grace. Lord, as Beth Moore says, Please fix my "wanter". I am not wanting the right things. I go to too many other things to satisfy my needs or emotions instead of You! It may be kind of silly to many, but I turn to food way too often for comfort or even peace. The list could go on and on, but I want to want You for everything and anything!! Fix my wanter, Jesus!


2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,

Lord, I love your green pastures of learning and growing. Your quiet waters are peace to my soul and comfort to my ears. Thank you for the wee hours in the morning when You graciously meet with me and hear all my pleas, requests, infractions, etc. Thank you for taking me through Your Word and making it real and alive to my soul!!

3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Lord, leading me in righteousness is for me - enable me to follow You and be in Your will, but it is for a greater purpose. When we say "may God have the glory" that actually means to show a correct representation of our Lord. Give Him all the glory - do everything to show an exact representation of who He is! Why? "for his name's sake". Oh Lord, may I grow in Your righteousness for Your name's sake, for Your glory - so that I am giving a correct representation of who You really are and not just who I think You are. Big difference!! You allow us to become Your child so that hopefully we will grow in righteousness, giving You all the glory, for Your name's sake!!

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Walking through the SHADOW of death is very different from walking in death. As your child, death can never have a hold on me. You have conquered it and so therefore there is no reason to fear death alone. I will only be walking in the shadow because You have walked in it and put it to death - so to speak! You hands will never let me go and will guide me the whole way!! I have learned lately that being disciplined by You really is a comfort. You are just putting me back up on the straight and narrow when I have fallen away. Being on the straight and narrow is so wonderfully comforting and so peaceful!

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Lord, this verse here speaks a huge amount of grace and mercy to me. You are my Banner and kind of like my cheerleader - I don't mean that disrespectful. But You are cheering me on to make the right decisions and telling satan and his possy to watch out. You do that for all Your children. The Word even says "You sing over me". Lord, let the enemies know I am Yours and not to mess with me. Thank you for Your anointing oil, the Holy Spirit, in whom I rely on so much for that still small voice!!

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Because of Your goodness and mercy, I will dwell in Your house and can rejoice in my salvation you afforded on the cross. Praise You my Lord and King. May we all bow to You as we celebrate Your goodness and mercy. Thank you for Your love and Your love letter - Word!! I can not wait to see You face to face. Be near me today!! Amen

No comments: