Friday, September 15, 2006

Friends are Friends Forever...

Daniel 2:17 - 18 Then Daniel returned to his house and explained the matter to his friends Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah. 18 He urged them to plead for mercy from the God of heaven concerning this mystery, so that he and his friends might not be executed with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.

Oh Lord, I come to You right now in just an attitude of thanksgiving and of hope. You know my dream is for a mentor - one older and seasoned in the areas of life You have me going especially in the speaking realm. This has been my prayer for many years, ever since Rae Deal, my first mentor moved away.

Jesus, as I look up at this scripture I can immediately think of the anxious times that I have called out to many friends looking for prayer support and encouragement. (With having 4 kids it seems like I have to call out to many people more than my fair share.) They are all so wonderful to respond with prayer, notes, phone calls, etc. I often wonder if they think of me the way I think of them when something "anxious" comes up in their lives? I want to be that for them. Right now at this period of time I am fervently lifting up my friend, Faith's, sister and also her sister in law. Lord, when others do call on my for prayer support, oh please help me to be faithful. I know I can not be responsible for all requests sent my way, but just guide me and allow me to be responsible to lift them to You as I feel Your leading!!

Lord, I thank you for those precious women whom have offered to prayer for any requests I have in the ministry. It is just astounding to me some ladies I have never really gotten to know would sign up to pray for the details of what I have no explanation of other than GOD!!!!!!! Just absolutely puts me on my knees and floods me with grace and mercy. Oh Lord, oh Lord - help me to return the "friendship" in some way to those that I don't even know as well.

Romans 15:30 I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.

I recently came across this verse in a magazine. The writer explained that the word "struggle" is a llllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg Greek word that means to agonize with. So in other words, Paul is asking his friends and church members to agonize with him in prayer about himself, his ministry, and all the likes. I told my sassy singles about this on verse and exposition on Monday. I pleaded with them to agonize in prayer over all the prayer requests mentioned for one another. I told them to do this because they could expect it from me and Melissa and everyone else hearing the requests.

Lord, thank you for those that have agonized with me. As prayer requests come my way, please help me to do the same. I want to be one that others can call on in times of needed prayer, but then I want to be found faithful to do so with much agony because I realize the power in praying!!! I love you my Lord!! This day fill me with Your Spirit to do You will!

No comments: