Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Your Way Will be done

Dan. 2: 20-23 20 and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his.
21 He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
22 He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.
23 I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king."

Lord, I love this scripture above. It says so much about Your sovereignty! Your will will be done and Your ways will be accomplished. I love that. Not many other things do I like being pushed up against a wall about, or not many others things do I like forced upon me, but when it has to do with Your will and Your ways - bring it on. Even those things that are not fun or exciting, and are even uncomfortable, tough, and just down right painful - bring it on. With you I always can rest in knowing there is purpose, plan, reason, and a victorious end! Lord, please let no pride be said in that statement above. I do not mean that "I" can handle whatever You throw to me, but I mean that in the midst of the worst - of which I am 100% sure I have never lived through - it is comforting to know You planned it and have a way of escape, rescue, and refuge. 1 Cor. 10:13. Oh Lord, You are alone so good and everything I need! I love you!

I have been called to memorize these verses in our Beth Moore study. Please help me to do that. Lord, this week especially I am seeking You, Your wisdom, and will. I want to hear clearly from You and know the deep things, the hidden things. I specifically ask to hear and know the hidden things of Your Word and Your will for the messages I am to deliver in the coming weeks. Speak Lord, Speak. I need to put a bow tie on it all instead of feeling like there needs to be one more change, one more addition, one more explanation. Spirit fill me to the brim today. I have much opportunity to concentrate on You and Your words today. I want to hear correctly and know Your will.

Thank you for last night and the time with the singles girls. It is such an awesome privilege to see all those women on the Word bowing down all over my house to lift up each other and seek Your heart and forgiveness. Bless them, Lord. Get right in their face and be so real. Wake them up and allow not one to go back to sleep until they have heard from You. I know each one wants to hear from You and be blessed by You. Please do it, Lord. Knock their socks off! Also, Lord Jesus, be with my friend across town that is feeling so oppressed an defeated, lift her spirits and be the Lifter of her head! Lord, give her a good bad in the midst of many bad ones. Help her to see Your will in it all.

Thank you my Lord for today. Thank you already for the strength I have received from Your word and Your Spirit! Open my heart and ears to Your ways and Your wisdom. Clean me out and protect me from me!! Make me more and more like You!

No comments: