Wednesday, September 20, 2006

That Was God?

Daniel 2:46-47 46 Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell prostrate before Daniel and paid him honor and ordered that an offering and incense be presented to him. 47 The king said to Daniel, "Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery."

Oh Lord, the Daniel study is getting really, really good. I do not know much about prophesy at all, but love what I am seeing and learning. It is so interesting. Thank you for Your Word.

Lord, this morning I am just struck by the way a pagan can know for certain that God was in something or has used an individual and then immediately "crowns" Him as King of kings and Lord of lords. Why does it happen so often that we as Christians doubt God's involvement in something or we doubt that God used someone? I know the world out there looks at incidences that happen or even creation and just thinks it just happened. They view the world in such a way that no particular hand was in it, it just happened and poof we can enjoy it.

I do the very same thing, but in a different fashion I suppose. My mind or heart forgets to immediately praise God for miracles that I believe are still happening or at the very least acknowledge Him for the work. I will even not knowingly pass it off as coincidence or even worse question a persons motivations as they retell their experience. I will accuse one in my mind of making all "those" things happen because of..........................whatever the reason. I think when we are honest, we all do this to some degree. There is one person I can think of right off hand that acknowledges God immediately and praises Him for His work. Her name is Libby Williams and she is an incredible woman of God and prayer. Thank you for her example! Ashley Teague and Ginger Graham would be others.

Lord, I want to be different. I want to acknowledge You immediately and not question one's intentions or motivations. I have had that happen to me - the one to be judged - and it is no fun! It hurts and most importantly it does not honor You. I think you could boil down a view like this as a lack of trust in our Lord or you could also see it as a lack of really knowing the Lord and the power and authority He has! Lord, reveal Yourself more evidently to me. I want to see Your work and praise Your name for it. I want to worship You on all occasions - even in the storm. Lord, I want my life to just be a huge song of praise unto You! As Meredith Andrews sings, "I want my life to be as worship to You." www.meredithandrews.com Check it out! Do Your work I beg of You. Use me in any way possible. Take me where You want to go and be my shield of protection from myself. Let praise immediatley fall out of my mouth and see nothing else but YOU!!!!!! Change me, Lord. Make me more like You!

I love you!!

No comments: