Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Don't Fight Me

9 In all their distress he too was distressed, and the angel of his presence saved them. In his love and mercy he redeemed them; he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old.
10 Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy and he himself fought against them.


Oh Lord, the last thing I want is to work against You! This scripture above talks about we as humans, specifically even Christians, can so work against all that You have for us that You are even against us and fighting against us. Just in my initial thoughts that almost sounds contrary to what You are and how You work, but as a parent I can totally understand.

There are times that i am in complete opposition to my kids. They are fighting their lives for something they think they need and want, doing everything possible, even crossing the lines to make things go in their favor. Of course they will take it too far and then i begin to be against them and fighting against them as well. This really could be a daily battle even though i can not think of a specific one right now. (Wow, i am tired.)

In the Daniel study this morning, we discussed the lack of humility in Belshazzar's life and the fall quickly came. "Pride cometh before a fall." (Wonder why we always say that one in the KJV. Funny!) But in pride, there is one thing the Lord can do for us and while it seems against us, it is actually helping in the end, humble us! Oh Lord, many times the humble process is not fun and it hurts. Hurts our pride, duh!!!! But i also remember learning that a true humbling of the Lord beings about joy.

I have been there and the humbling process is not the process i would choose too often. It has been used in mighty ways in my life, but still no fun, and on the other side there really is joy and relief that HE saved you again. (not a salvation sense, but just saving you from destruction again.) I like fun, but things can not be always fun when one is needed to be humbled.

Lord, do Your work. Work your will out in my life and allow me to be working with You. I do not want to fight against You, no way, not ever! Help me to stay on the straight and narrow. Help me to stay close and fill me to the brim with your Spirit. I desperately need Your filling today! I love you!

No comments: