Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Big Picture

Oh Lord, please forgive for so very often not looking at the big picture. I tend to think in very present terms and not thinking about what You may be doing in the future. You work in so many amazing ways and i just can not understand. You have a way of connecting the past, present, and future all together to work in ways that are always for my good. I tend to just leave the future to You as i can not do anything about it, but at the same time my past shapes my future as well as my present. Lord, i just want to work with You and not against You. I can see Your fingerprints all over my life and at times a few large handprints on my back pushing me in Your ways! There are times I require a shove instead of a nudge!

Last night was the most head spinning class of all in Daniel. I just about fell over in my chair when i realized we were actually doing a time line of the end times. It is all still speculation and just human interpretation, but yet, we did put down how we "think" things may go down! The reason i about fell out of my chair is that i had just blogged Wednesday morning that i needed or wanted a time line so that i could understand everything a bit more. Thank you Lord!! From our interpretation - We are there! The end is so very near!! That is why i get more and more intense about doing Your will and living as You would have me and where You would have me. There is so little time to be messing around and just living on my terms and according to my ways! This life is about You and the end is certainly all about YOU! I want to have a big picture perspective and in order to do that i must "understand the scriptures".

Daniel 9:2 In the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, understood from the Scriptures, according to the word of the LORD given to Jeremiah the prophet, that the desolation of Jerusalem would last seventy years.

I want to be a Daniel and he was a man that understood the Word and accepted it as absolute truth. It will be my plumbline. The Word will be my sword! The Word will be and is my life. The Word is my breath of heaven. The Word is my sustenance. The Word is my love! Daniel understood the Word enough to know when things were about to change. It was not just a history book to him, but the instructions of life and directions to live! Lord, do that in my life. I want to know Your Word in such a way that i can just see things changing and know or recall in Your Word how You feel about a situation or how You have said something may work its way to fruition. I want to know You and Your love letter. Then and only then will my chances of having a big picture perspective be possible!

I know this is Your will for my life - to be a studier of Your Word and to bring it to as many as will hear. You confirmed that many times ago in Isaiah 50:4 The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.

Show me Your ways! Show me the big picture and help me to walk in it, but not get in the way! I love You!

No comments: