Friday, December 15, 2006

204 - Do i Hear what You Hear?

Hosea9:7 The days of punishment are coming, the days of reckoning are at hand. Let Israel know this. Because your sins are so many and your hostility so great, the prophet is considered a fool, the inspired man a maniac.

Lord Jesus - wow is it early this morning. We were so kindly invited to Clay's old work's Christmas party and it always lasts forever. It was at a fancy smacy restaurant and the courses never end. It was a great time and I have finally learned to relax and enjoy myself. I am so not good at fancy food and no one ever serves sweet tea and so i always look so funny with my coke. Oh well, it was the last one and quite a great night. I had steak - yuck!

I look at the scripture above and must ask myself - what is in this for me? I know You are speaking, now what is it i am to see? God is the telling the Israel nation the hammer is about to drop. They are certainly going to get what they have coming. When i first read that passage i was thinking wow, where is God's forgiveness and mercy and when is He going to take them back the way He so often does ? But as i was looking at the end of that particular verse i see that He has sent many warnings and many instructions to change, but they are not listening. In fact they are so far away from the Lord that they now think the prophets He has sent to be His voice of warning are foolish and maniacs.

Lord, what sin have I found myself in so deep that i can no longer hear the warnings and even might consider the words of the wise foolish? Lord, i know one area of my life that i constantly struggle with and want to receive some kind of "heart" healing. I constantly bring this to You because it so constantly rears its head. Ugly - gross - despicable - detestable - SIN. I know Paul had a "thorn in his flesh" and i assume we all have something like that. So is this something that there will be days of victory, but for the most part i will struggle with my life forever? Oh Lord, it is on those days that i am in awe. I am in awe of how great of a sinner i am, how perfect you are, and how great my need for a Savior. But i also have to think of how wonderfully merciful You are to use a person like me in ministry that deals with sin and feels defeated very often.

Lord, please open my ears and my heart to wise words You bring my way and conviction You place on my heart. Forgive me of the greatness, the minute, the fractions, and the enormous sin - no matter how big or small - sin is sin and i need Your forgiveness. I want to be clean before You. I am asking that You give me a clean heart and one that is seeking to please You. Lord forgive my selfishness, impure thoughts, jealousies, anger, uncontrolled tongue, grumpiness, indulgences, laziness,......................................

As the song goes...
Change my heart oh God. Make it ever true. Change my heart oh God, make it more like You. You are the potter and I am in the clay. Make me and mold me, this is what i pray. Change my heart oh God, make it ever true. Change my heart oh God, make it more like You.

No comments: