Tuesday, July 10, 2007

390 - I'm Diggin' Jesus

I received this meme (what does that stand for anyone?) from actually many different people. It is the one asking me to tell 5 different reasons why I dig Jesus. I don't mean to sound holy roller-ish, but that almost seems disrespectful to say I dig Jesus! But I will go with it because I have so little time this morning. I woke up late and have to be at our church in just a few hours. Getting 4 kids ready for church can not be done lickety-split. So even though it is only 7am, I am way behind. We have to be there no later than 9:45.

Here’s the drill:
1. The person tagged (that would be me) lists 5 things that they dig about Jesus.

2. Then they tag 5 people who, in turn, lists 5 things they dig about Jesus on their blog.

3. Finally, the 5 tagged people post a comment on this blog linking to their post on their blog.


Got it? Okay, here goes – one attempt to sum up what I dig about Jesus in 5 statements:I am going to try to be less obvious than the regular stuff that of course we all "dig" about Jesus.

1) I am amazed or I dig (still having trouble with those words) Jesus' creation. I love to go on long country rides and just bask in His beauty and creativity. I love to take pictures of it all even though my photography can not even do half justice! I am amazed when I see a lightening bug doing its thing knowing that he too is praising Jesus. He was sent here to glow and he does it without hesitation and probably has to, to survive. Oh may I glow more often!

2) I am amazed at the people Jesus causes me to cross paths with, other women, that love Him too. There are times I think I am all alone in this world, but then HE brings one my way to encourage my steps or me to even encourage them. That is way cool. I have lived everywhere all my life and He always brings people into my life. And what He has done through the stinkin' World Wide Web is incredible. Now I dig that and am so grateful!

3) I am amazed when I take the time to sit and study His word, He always speaks. In fact it is almost a miracle every morning. I study the Word or am doing a Bible study and possibly walk away wondering, "Hmmm, now I am not so sure what I am suppose to get from that." But then the miracle takes place as I begin to blog. He makes things come out of my fingers that I could never thought of if i had just tried to sit on the couch and wait for the revelation. It is all Him and I dig that!

4) I am amazed at prayer. Not so much the prayers He answers for other people because I expect those to come in some fashion, but when He changes my heart. Now that is diggin'. I am just shocked when I have a 180 turn on a decision or am willing to release something or hold on tighter. I know me kind of well, and I know it is only Him that could have done that in my life to make me react or whatever differently. I dig His power!

5) I am amazed that He is not done with me. There is so much to do, but when I think of all He has already done - amazed and dig! I love His do-overs and try agains. I love His patience and His kindness. I love His grace and mercy. I love His strength and His power. I love His endurance and softness too. I love His understanding and patience - did I already say that one - well, I need to! I just love all of Him and I have only scratched the surface. I want to know Him so much better. Give me more desire to really know Him! Forgive the disrespect if it is seen that way, But I dig you, Lord! Do you dig me?

There you have it! Now I would love to hear from you - Valarie, Lucy, Nicki (I know you are on vacation, but when you get back), Kim, Travis (I don't know him from Adam's house cat or i mean he doesn't know me, but I thought i would try), and Iris.

Thanks for playing along. Have a wonderful day. I am off to a full day field trip with my church. We are going to Pump It Up. Protect us Jesus! I love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leigh Gray....I dig you!!! :)

This was awesome and, as always, you hit it out of the park.

I feel like I've not "spoken" to you in days, because my life is a whirlwind. But we'll catch up soon. I'm leaving tomorrow morning to go over to East TN to see Patty -- first time in 25 years -- AND to meet your Aunt Judy!!! How wierd is that???

Anyway, a "meme" this is not. A "meme" is a series of questions that you post on you blog that usually give insight into your personal likes and dislikes or what is going on in your world right now. A "tag" (which is what this is) is a passed along blog activity where you respond to a certain question and then ask some friends to do the same.

At least that's what I THINK a "meme" and a "tag" is..... :)

Have a great day in Him!!!

Love ya,
Dori

Sharon said...

According to Wiktionary http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/meme
meme:
Any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, practices, habits, songs, dances and moods and terms such as race, culture, and ethnicity.

Real Life Sarah said...

Leigh, I was so inspired reading what you love about Jesus. I was just thinking last week about God's creation while I was at the beach. The way the tides go in and out, how he placed the moon in the perfect position to affect it, countless other things!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'd love for you to come back, and I love your site! I've seen you on Moms of Grace, too.

Blessings!

Kim said...

Leigh, I did it - I listed my five reasons for "diggin" Him - Thanks for pushing me deeper in the word today and for leading me to examine urban lingo - read my post - you will understand. There are a gazillion reasons that I "dig" Jesus but after much thought, I listed my five of my top 100. :) Hope you had a great day at church today!
Love ya, girl!

Kim said...

Leigh, I did it - I listed my five reasons for "diggin" Him - Thanks for pushing me deeper in the word today and for leading me to examine urban lingo - read my post - you will understand. There are a gazillion reasons that I "dig" Jesus but after much thought, I listed my five of my top 100. :) Hope you had a great day at church today!
Love ya, girl!

Connie Barris said...

It's ok.... just go back to your hippie days.. didn't you dig Jesus for a bit? ok, maybe not.. smile...

but God will accept it in fun...

Linda, at 2nd cup of coffee.. really had fun with the whole diggin Jesus thing....

yours are precious... we all find Jesus.. and the sweetest thing is He meets us where we are....how amazing...

blessings....

eph2810 said...

And I totally 'dig' your answers :) - Yeah, His Word is so amazing to me, girl--I do some back-flips sometimes.

Thank you for sharing your love for Him with us...

I will actually use the meme for my Thankful Thursday post :)

Be blessed today and always.