Thursday, May 08, 2008

587 - It's Official

It is official, I am going to San Antonio LPM in August. I am so pumped I can hardly stand it. I want to pack my bags today and sit on the porch waiting for the bus to come get me. Got the hubby's blessing, checked with my points thingy for a free ticket and that is good, have my hotel and 2 roomies, and now just need to GET the plane ticket... yeah baby!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooooo excited!! Thank you Jesus. This has been a real struggle to know whether I was to go or not. I also have tickets to go hear Priscilla Shirer on that same weekend in Nashville if anyone would like to buy them. I also have a ticket to LPM in Louisville earlier in August as well if anyone wants to buy that. Yes, I buy the tickets hoping that I can go and then just sell it for the same price if i am unable. Works good for me and always so neat to see who it goes to!

Got my orthodics made yesterday and have to pick them up next Wednesday - the day before we leave for the cruise. Biggest loser is going well. I think this week is going to be a break through week for me. I have cut back on food because i have not been able to exercise because of the foot healing. Food is my real issue, not not exercising. I think tonight's weigh in will be proof of that! Clay is home!!! I have a dentist appointment today and then off to SJ's school to have a purse show. The ladies at this school have been so wonderful in the past. I like to be there! So another full day!! We are finally receiving our water softener today - therefore we will have outside water as well. that will really help with watering all the flowers!! We have EXTREMELY hard water here and so in order to keep your appliances their full life a softener helps and helps your skin and hair!!!!!!!

Lord Jesus - i have so many emotions going through me. I feel like you are trying to tell me some things, but I just can not grasp it yet. Maybe it will be confirmed while i am away and have much time to think and sit and listen!!! Hopefully i don't get deathly sick as Ginger did on her cruise - along with 75% of the entire ship!!! Ugh!!

Lord, I don't know how to really explain these thoughts and whatnot. It really does not have so much to do with just me and STMM, but it involves Clay as well. I know you are asking something of us as a couple, but I am unsure of what that is. I know we have got to make more time to pray together when he is home. I know that to be so true. But it is more as well. I know that You have moved us here for more of a purpose than to just bless us with this house and new friends. I think it has to do with our very own church and I am not sure what that role may be.

After taking the plunge, selling everything, saying good-bye, leaving awesome christian education, and saying yes to moving to this area it is not like we are saying OK - that was enough - we did the radical obedience thing once and I think this is enough. No in fact it is the exact opposite. Lord, we have seen over and over you bless us radically because of that step of faith/obedience and it makes us to want to plunge again. I am not sure what that is though. NO, No, No - for those reading, it is not moving. Clay has gotten several job offers to go back to the Charlotte area, but this is where we are to be...........for now. I can never promise forever. (Can you imagine what it is like to always be wanted? Clay is constantly getting opportunities - that has got to make him feel so good. I would love to experience that just once...)

Anyway - I think this next plunge is going to be more about Clay. I don't know if it will have to do more about his line of work, I don't know if it will be about us doing some kind of ministry together, I don't know if it will be doing something in our home, I just haven't a clue. But this I do know - Lord, you are not a God of confusion! You want us to walk in Your will and You want us to obey. Lord, with pure hearts and intentions I pray that we do.

Luke 4:18-19 "The Spirit of the Lord is one me, because He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." Jesus speaking of himself here.

1 comment:

Leah Adams said...

Can't wait to see you in San Antonio!!! Let's definitely get together.

leah