Friday, June 06, 2008

595 - Yes, I Know You Can

OK OK OK - I know I said I would come back and label the pictures AND that I would have a second post yesterday, but the day got away. Summer - technically 3 days into it - has already been so much fun!! I am going going going, but we are having so much fun. The kids are playing well at home and even together at moments. We had a lemonade stand yesterday and the girls really did well. The kids are just growing up and I am enjoying it so much. Thank you Father!!

I am so totally terrifically tubularly twisted!!! Speaking Thru Me had the first ever conference call and had a blast. It was awesome to hear one anothers voice and hear some hearts as well. Oh Lord Jesus - I am just so excited. I know it may be a while until we see all that you may do with us as a group, but I thank you for what you have started and the incredible hearts you have placed in this group. Lord Jesus - who else might you bring to us? Lord, please reveal things as Ginger and I can handle them. Thank you!

Yesterday my friend Patty said some really awesome encouraging words to me and it ended in a round about way of saying "Begin Believing". Now as we both are huge Beth Moore Bible Study girls I knew exactly what she was saying and even what to do! It was a message from the Lord she was sending!! Thank you Jesus for the sweet words.

As I think about the ministry of Speaking Thru Me I am just astounded by what God has asked us to do and then that there are actually people that would agree to do it. Yes, I am talking about the money situation - it is a huge deal. Why would anyone agree to speak for free when there is a lot of money to be made out there in this profession? Some charge simply because God has given them that OK to do so. Some charge because it is a way of helping their family meet some needs. Some charge because they would not do it any other way. But as for me and my "house" this what He has asked of us. Trust me - it is Barbaric!

But this week I have been in Luke 5 a bit. The verse that sticks out says, "But because you say so!"in the first 11 verses. This is Simon Peter telling Jesus basically - what you are asking of me does not make sense, I have tried it the logical way, I have done all the right things, "but because you say so" we will go out and try to catch more fish - do it Your way. This is the same thing I told the girls on the phone last night.

So this morning I could not help but go on further into that scripture. Luke 5:12-16 is where the leper falls before the Lord in complete and utter belief saying, "Lord, if you are willing, can you make me clean?" WOW!!!! That is incredible. The leper is not giving a list of the advantages of healing him to the Lord. You know the - Lord, if you heal me I will do this for you - if you heal me I will tell everyone - if you heal me I will........... He was convinced that Jesus could do it, but was just asking if He would. My devotion went on to explain that this guy really had an eternal perspective whether he knew it or not. His belief was there, but in his statement revealed he understood that it might not be in God's plan to be healed on that day. Why was that - just logically I begin to think there might have been others that went to Jesus and did not walk away with the healing. Could it have been - I don't know! Interesting... Did they not believe or did Jesus not have the healing in their lives for that day?

But as far for this guy, he believed and was seeking something than his own interest. Of course it was in his interest to be healed, but it was not the "central issue". So I have to ask myself as the devotion did as well - 1)Do I believe He can do the things that I am asking - I mean absolutely convinced?? 2)More than seeking that request to be answered, am I seeking His purpose for my life? Hmm - great questions Jesus!! Today I will rest in the "ponder". I love you Lord!

Today we have the end of basketball camp. Tucker will play in a one on one tournament and hopefully do well. Emmajoy will too complete the camp, but SJ has chosen to go to a birthday party with Elleigh instead of camp for her last day. Then around 6pm a ton of youth girls will be coming over to hang and spend the night at my house - with no carpet in the whole house mind you!!!!!!! Clay and the kids will be spending the night at his parents. The tomorrow is filled with more baseball and the likes. Both SJ and EJ made the swimming team. I am excited for them. We already have a few applications for tennis camp that I am having in July and I have 3 private lessons next week. My team won the Biggest Loser contest and I ended down 10. That was so worth it. Now the hard part - keep it off and hopefully lose a few more!! OK - got to get cleaning. What a beautiful day!! I believe!

4 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

So excited for what God is doing!!! I can't wait to see more!!

I wish I could ship my Taylor up there for tennis camp! And way to go for you 10 pounds!!! Keep it up girly!

Have a fun weekend!

Valarie said...

Good stuff girl. Hey, next time you do a conference call, let me know. I'd LOVE to hear/meet these girls I'm praying for!

Love ya chickie!
V

Kim said...

Glad your summer is off to a great start with the kids. I am so glad that Todd and I have the summer off with Sam. He is growing before my very eyes and I have kind of been sad about it but you gave me a different perspective about it in your post today - I need to enjoy this stage for it will soon pass too - he is maturing - even getting DARK hair on his legs! Looking more manly each day....How do you stand to see those girlies grow and mature?

Kim

Kim said...

Glad your summer is off to a great start with the kids. I am so glad that Todd and I have the summer off with Sam. He is growing before my very eyes and I have kind of been sad about it but you gave me a different perspective about it in your post today - I need to enjoy this stage for it will soon pass too - he is maturing - even getting DARK hair on his legs! Looking more manly each day....How do you stand to see those girlies grow and mature?

Kim