Monday, February 16, 2009

690 - Tough Times

Have you ever been through a tough time and made the comment that "this is more than I can handle" or "this is just too much" even if it was self-inflicted?  I think I have been in that situation more than once.  In fact I know that I have.  

I think the toughest thing about going through a hard time is that everything thing is affected.   I can not see straight in almost every situation.  There becomes a cloud over my eyes or thoughts and I begin to question all logic.  Satan loves it!!!  He has a heyday.  This is right where he wants me!  Have you been there?  

When extreme mental exhaustion hits and I simply collapse into the "giving up" stage this is actually a good thing for me.  I am by nature a fixer and so until the Lord gets a hold of me - actually let me rephrase that - until I give into the constant prod of the Holy Spirit to let go, I am like a tornado in a downward spiral.  I get more and more worked up mentally until it is time to give up!!  It is like the Lord patiently waits for "giving up" and then does His work on me.  

As I lay in the "giving up" stage I begin to think about how it will be when Christ comes again.  How this world will no longer be the way it is, but more importantly, I will no longer be the way I am either.  Yeah baby!!!!!  There will no longer be any tornadic activity from me and no longer be any tough times.  God will right all the wrongs, He will redeem all the saints, and He will make all things new - the Final time!  Oh Jesus - I can hardly wait.  

But as hard as I may think things can get I am reminded there is no comparison for how awesome He will be when we see Him face to face.  Romans 8:18 states, "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."  Whatever I think is too much to handle or is just more than i can bear or this i just too much... can not compare to what His glory will reveal on That day!  This life is all about perspective!  And if i could keep a Kingdom perspective realizing that He is worth it all - even self-inflicted things - I know He would receive more glory from my life!    

2 comments:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

While my "this is too much" is not self-inflicted, right now I'm fighting a battle with much pressure and demands at my work place, knowing that I could not possibly quit, even if I wanted to and knowing that as long as I do not "perform" as expected, that I am jeopardizing my position there.

I am claiming Isaiah 41:13 (KJV) which is my new memory verse for February 15th....
"For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear Not, I will help thee."

~Beth

Anonymous said...

I can relate to your post. I look forward to the day & time when all my stumbling ceases & I'm not longer trying to "figure it out"! I'm glad God is patient enough to let us wear ourselves out to the point of letting go and letting Him take control.
Pr 24:16