Monday, June 15, 2009

736 - You are my Comfort!

Dear Lord - It was a great weekend and a wonderful Sunday.  Thursday and Friday were quite tough with Clay's granddad's funeral and all.  He was 93 years old and as Clay eulogized he lived a full life.  He was a very hard worker and good provider for his 5 daughters.  He was a committed man and deeply adored man by Grandma!  The family is sad as they have been left behind, but we know Grandpa Cecil is pain free and probably enjoying some heavenly baseball with the older Cardinal players that have gone on as well.  Naw - he is probably playing with them!  

But as I came to the Lord this morning I was lead to 2 Cor. chapter 1 verses 3 - 11.  This is the chapter or verses rather that talks about the Lord being our great comfort.  It goes on to explain that our trouble times and His comfort have reason and purpose.  Like most of all Christianity that reason has nothing to do with self, but what you can do for another - giving!  

Verse 4 says that we can comfort those in any trouble with the same comfort we have been given.  The word that sticks out to me the most in that verse is "any".  We can comfort those in any trouble, it does not have to be trouble that we have gone thru.  I think it can be that much more powerful when we do take our own trouble and allow Him to minister to others by our own experience, but this verse says it doesn't have to be that way.  

I so often am at a total loss of words when there is a situation one has been going thru that I have never experienced.  I kind of want to hide in a hole in fear of saying the wrong thing.  But i remember Dr. Vickery teaching in college that we don't have to be schizophrenic to help a client that is.  We don't have to have been thru child abuse to help a victim.  We don't have to have been thru a loss of a husband to be able to minister to ones that has!  

Nope, this verse tells us that we can comfort anyone that has been thru anything because His love and blood (sufferings) covers it all.  We have been given all we need to display His comfort - in this situation!  He is more than enough and helps us to know that as well so that we can communicate that to the next one!  

Wow - Lord, thank you for this word this morning.  I was having such a hard time focusing after my run this morning and sitting before the Word.  But Lord once again, you did it!  You brought your Word alive to me to see how I can still be used for your great purposes even if I have never experienced such things.  I know your grace, mercy, comfort, your healing, your help, refuge, strength, etc...  I can share that with whomever.  Thank you Father!!  

I have such a busy week!!  I am really hard selling the conference to all those around.  Lord, help me to know where to turn!  Help me to reach out to those that do want and need to be there!  Lord, guide me - always!!  Be my rear guard!!  Is. 58:8.  I love you!  Amen!  

No comments: