Tuesday, January 26, 2010

800 - Your Faith Must Move!!!!!

Putting Feet to Faith
Faith can be such a daunting part of the Christian walk to understand and figure out. Once I think I have finally have it all mapped out in my mind and heart then life happens to change its course. Life has a way of doing that.
I think I have been the greatest of all conference attenders. If there was a speaker coming in a 100 mile radius I was there and have all the books, t-shirts, CD's, DVD's, etc. to prove it. The massive amounts of Biblical teaching that I have gleaned that was suppose to bolster my faith is nearly unfathomable.
The scripture states in James 2:17, "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." Those inspired words written by James, brother of Jesus, came alive to me after many internal struggles trying to figure out why my faith didn't feel like life to me. Why did my faith not look like the speakers' described? Why would I go home after every conference and always be the same. What I now know is that I was operating on a "dead" faith.
Yes, I knew my Savior and He was my Lord, but until I put feet to my faith it didn't seem like the life all the speakers had implored me to risk in. Once I began to step out and act on the faith things began to click and make sense in my heart and mind. When I gave to a struggling family clothes and food I began to understand how He provides for me...my faith was engaged! As I forgave even when it was not asked I could see the mercy of God exuded in me...my faith was lit! And the time I was able to love the person that has hurt me time and time again can only be done when a faith is engaged and Christ's love is fueled...my faith was alive!!!
I hope you can see it is possible to sit on the sidelines, a saved believer with a faith that has never been engaged and made alive. I did not want to live my Christian walk in the realm of those that just don't "get it". I wanted a complete, fully working faith that is alive and well! Is your faith alive or dead? Have you put feet to your faith?
James 2:20-24 "You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone."

No comments: