Wednesday, February 03, 2010

802 - Waiting in the Rescue

Psalm 22:6 “He relies on the Lord; let Him rescue him; let the Lord deliver him, since He takes pleasure in him.”

As a parent of 4 small children I found myself very often having to hold back from rescuing my kids. It is not uncommon to see homework that one of the kids has forgotten to take to school. The momma in me wants to grab that homework and get it to school in record time before my child realizes what they have forgotten. But I have come to the conclusion if I do that every time they will never learn responsibility.

There are times that I even do that to myself. Instead of waiting on the Lord to provide or move in a situation I will want to rescue myself or come in and save the day. I often feel like God needs a bit of my help to do some of HIS business. Rescuing myself and trying to help the Lord out only tells the Him that I do not trust Him like I say I do!

As a believer in Christ, I know that trust is more than doing what He asks. Many times trust is waiting for Him. It might seems like the last minute, it might even seem like He has moved in too late, but He always come through. The Lord will rescue, the Lord will provide, the Lord will deliver me just as the scripture above reminds. I just have to trust and many times for myself that means wait!

Oh Lord, thank you for Your rescuing power and sure deliverance. Thank you for taking care of me even when I get in the way! Forgive me Father – I do trust You! Amen

2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. It really helps me to remember that God doesn't need my help. Sometimes I just need to rest and wait for Him.

Mary

God's Girl said...

Thanks for sharing this post. It encouraged my heart today!

Blessings to you!

Julie