Wednesday, June 02, 2010

848 - Wrong Perspective

"Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears,a]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[a]we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." 1 John 3:2

Good morning Jesus, This is almost our first real day of summer. The kids are out of school all day today, but do have to go back to get report cards tomorrow morning. So I am thinking Friday will be our first real day off for the summer break. I am excited for all we are going to do this summer. It will be fast and furious, but exciting too!

Lord, so often I wish my first inclination was Godly and one that considered Your ways or Your perspective. But all too often my first reaction and thoughts are about me and how it can benefit me! Ugh!!

When I first read the verse above I immediately went to thoughts of myself. The Word says, "what we will be has not yet been made known". My brain thought back to that old sticker or even bumper sticker that reads, "be patient, God's not finished with me yet." Then my thoughts went right on to things of this life.

Here I am, 37, and God still has plans for my life, I just don't know what they are.

Here I am, 37, raising a family and doing life, but there is more?

Here I am, 37, seen many come to know the Lord, but there is more.

Here I am, 37, a bit overweight, but a better "bod" is on its way.

Here I am, 37, in ministry, but it could change.

The thoughts of my current life and how the Lord might make that look different, of course we usually dream in the positive, has nothing to do with the way the Lord intended this verse. WHY, you ask...........because I don't have an eternal perspective most of the time! Me, me, me, me, me!!!

This particular scripture is talking about how we will be made like Him when we see Him face to face. It is not so much the now and how the Lord will further enhance this particular life, but the then and when....when we meet Him in the air or face to face. "What we will be that has not been made known" is not what the rest of our life is about, but all the wonderful things of Christ that will be made perfect through Him when we meet Him and become as He intended!! Wow - now that is a perspective, heavenly one!

Jesus, help me to not dwell on the now so much. Help my eyes and mind to think of You first and have that perspective that is looking forward to meeting you face to face. Lord, I get so caught up in the now! I want to live with my eyes toward you! I love you - amen!

No comments: