Thursday, December 15, 2005

Where did you go?

Gal. 5:7 "You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth?

It is going to happen to someone, but will or does it have to happen to me. You know what I mean. That person that was loving the Lord with everything and now has fallen away. You may not even really know it, but if you ask them, they are no longer having their quiet time, no longer consistent in church, no longer meeting with friends, no longer living out the faith! What happened and why AND does it have to happen to me?

The scripture states the person was running a good race, just like we fight the good fight. But then something happens and we fall off the wagon. Well, I don't think it can be a ride on a wagon. There can not be something that you just fall off of. Living a life of faith must be something you put on and can never be removed. Like getting those stitches that are disolvable. They are put on and they are never taken off. The go into your system and remain forever or at least metaphorically. Christianity, lived out victoriously, can not be something that we fall on and fall off. Living in His grace and mercy and in His forgiveness is something you will not ever want to leave. Now do I have bad days, yes! Do I have days that I don't want to get up and start it off right with Him, yes! But I guarantee those days will be some of the worst. Lived out in my selfishness, my anger, my flesh, my defeat!! Running the good race, means never stopping, never needing a break from him like in a dating relationship! Running the good race is actually on His back and requires holding on for the ride and experience of your life!!

This verse does imply that it could be someone that has caused you to be tripped up. But I want to propose that 99.9% of the time, if you are doing what you are suppose to be doing, you will not be tripped up because once again you are on His back and trusting and relying on Him! I know those are very strong words, but I get tired of people blaming everyone else for their own downfall, I do it myself! The statement most said in our house from the kids is "It's not my fault." People, it is time to take responsibility for your actions. Look at verse 10, the Lord will take care of that person tripping you up, but you take responsibility for what you have done wrong and healing will come much faster!!

It is the same thing I hear myself say many times about the kids. The act really ugly or they act in a really awful way - the way kids do. I am real quick to say, "I don't know where they learned that, they must have picked that behavior up from so and so." I am acting as if my kids are unable to act the way kids act all on their own. Like they have to copy someone to have a rude behavior. I am ready to blame someone else for their action instead of just accepting and dealing with their own misbehavior or ugly attitudes. Sometimes we as moms go as far as not letting our kids play with "those" kids anymore!! Like ours are perfect!!! Oh please!! Apples don't fall too far from the tree!! Sometimes I know that to be true!!!

Oh people, follow close and love Him dearly. You are dearly loved children (Eph. 5:1)!!

Do you agree?

No comments: