Thursday, May 11, 2006

Prayer for my hubby!

Psalm 20
For the director of music. A psalm of David. 1 May the LORD answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
2 May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion.
3 May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings. Selah
4 May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
5 We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests.
6 Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed; he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand.
7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
8 They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.
9 O LORD, save the king! Answer [a] us when we call!

Heavenly Lord, Today I come before you on behalf of my husband Clay. I want to lift up him to you and pray blessings on his life. Lord, he is such a good man and a wonderful daddy. He is the hardest worker I know and one of the most level headed thinkers much like my own dad. I think that Clay is one that is worth pouring all Your strength and confidence in. He will do what you ask Lord.

There are things in his life right now where he needs much wisdom! Lord, speak clearly to him so that there is no question what he should do. I know he is following you and I will follow him with a full devoted heart no matter where it is and to what extent.

I know Clay has noble dreams and some that are far fetched. His most obvious is being able for our family to live close to one another. Lord, if that be your will, please make that happen sometime soon. He also has another far-fetched idea of living in a remote area and just being a pioneer kind of family. That is funny to think about in our "gameboy" day in age with our kids that love TV and all today's luxuries! But you know Lord what is best!

Lord, as far as Clay's work is concerned, please bless them. They have made some changes recently to make things more God honoring and glorifying to you. I pray that you bless their efforts and make Your favor fall down on them.

As I talk to Clay each day and hear his desires, I can't help but believe you are doing another work in us. I am not sure he will ever change his work, but you might be calling us into another kind of ministry or something in addition to what he does. We desire to do your will and pray that is very clear. We are clearing our busy agendas to just be available for what you have. Please be obvious because sometimes I miss it!

Lord, I pray Ps. 20 over my husband and blessings into his life. Be near to him. Protect him in every way. Guard his life for your service and instruct his every step. May the kids just be in awe of their Daddy and see Christ shine through so clearly. May they always know their daddy is a man of God! I love you, Lord.

No comments: