Monday, August 28, 2006

Travis Cotrell

Wow Lord, wow oh wow oh wow!!! I just don't know what else to say. Last night at church we had Travis come in and just bless us sooooooooooooooooooooo much with his music, praise and worship time. He was incredible. An awesome singer and totally passionate and sold out for You Lord. There was a peace there that I can not explain and just a complete surrender. Those are the kind of nights I wish would never end.

I had almost decided I was not going to go. Clay and the kids really didn't want to go and I didn't want to go by myself. Then around 5pm I get a phone call from Wendy Pope saying she was driving by my exit and just wanted to say hello. I told her I had decided not to go, but asked her I would go if she would turn around and come back and get me. Now, that is a friend. I love that! She made a big ole' U-turn right in the middle of the highway and sped over to get me. It was so great!!! I love it!!

I am getting nervous about my surgery on Thursday. I guess it is just one of those things. The doctor says I could be out of commission for 2 weeks - by that I mean nothing strenuous - and how I hate to hear that kind of thing!! I don't like to be out of commission!

Lord, Jesus, one thing I forgot to mention about Saturday is the incredible generosity of the women from that church. They took what I have learned as Acting Justly to heart. They did not have a fee for their event, but rather asked for donations to go towards the battered women's shelter. I have my whole back end of my SUBURBAN filled to the gills. I mean you could not fit one more thing in the back!!! I am so excited to go and donate to this organization and tell them about these awesome women from the church!! How cool is that!!

Thank you for today and all that is planned long ago before time! Protect Clay traveling today. It is a little scary these days being on an airplane. Allow the kids to have a great day! I love you!

No comments: