Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Stumpy - not just frumpy

Lord, Thank you for a good rest last night. I was able to go to bed right around 9pm and feel well rested. Yesterday was a blurr as I was so tired from the weekend. I think I am now caught up on sleep, even though I did learn in college that was virtually impossible to catch up on sleep, and ready for a great day of laundry and cleaning. The girls like Tuesdays because they get to stay home and just veg-out! I don't mind it too much myself!

I had a really great time with you this morning in my quiet time! My Daniel study is discussing King Nebby's second dream and this one is not so fun! He dreams of a flourishing tree that is eventually strip of everything and cut to a stump. The lesson says that many times trees are talked about in the scripture in terms of chastisement and discipline. But first we start Daniel and his first dream in a very positive exciting way.

Dan. 2:37 - 38 37) You, O king, are the king of kings. The God of heaven has given you dominion and power and might and glory; 38 in your hands he has placed mankind and the beasts of the field and the birds of the air. Wherever they live, he has made you ruler over them all. You are that head of gold.

We see here our God has made King Nebby powerful with all power, might, and glory. God was looking to use him in a great way providing he listened to the prophet Daniel and abide by those laws of scripture and warnings. King Nebby did not listen and look what happens next - cut to a stump!

Dan. 4:15 15) But let the stump and its roots, bound with iron and bronze, remain in the ground, in the grass of the field. Let him be drenched with the dew of heaven, and let him live with the animals among the plants of the earth.

Lord, I think I see here that because of King Neb outright refusal to serve You, acknowledge You, and bow to You - You made Him bow! He had to be brought down and forced to bow. Or at least that is what the dream is foretelling. I want to read on in the book, but I am going to refrain so that I won't spoil it for myself.

I know hardly anything about politics, but I do know that even the worst ones were chosen or allowed to come into power with our Lord's "ok". You see great things when we don't and potential when we don't. You have an ultimate purpose and reason that is for sure. But as for me - how can I put this in perspective for my life today.

I am not a king or ruler or have much authority at all especially outside the home. So what are you saying to me. Live right - live in right relationship, be obedient, walk humbly, and listen!!! Those are all the things I can learn from this King Nebby. Above all I must live in right relationship with you. I must do everything to stay righteous before You and walk blameless - in consistent confession before You! I must be obedient. Obedient to do what You ask whether I like it or not. I must be obedient to do those things that are just a given like - acting justly, loving mercy, spending time with You, and loving others better than myself. I must find a humble walk and have at it! I must be willing to die to myself and put others first - all others! Above all I must listen. I must hear Your words so that I can do all the above. I must clean out my ears and heart through confession and listen for You. I must take the time each day to listen for You! I must be ready to wait for You! You want to do amazing things in all of us and even me. Joshua 3:5 states that! So Lord, I am ready and I am listening! Speak to me so that we can be right. I am excited to see Your hand on the Nashville retreat! I am excited to see You show up in all Your glory so we can lift our hands and hearts in praise to You! Protect me from being cut to a stump or at the very least, frumpy!

Lord, I feel like the next set of messages I am to write are to be about idols and idol worship. That only means You are about to take me on a long walk to reveal those kinds of things in my life. Open my eyes and make my heart accepting to Your change! I am ready, I think! I love you! Keep Daddy safe and enjoying his time in Chicago! We miss him.

No comments: