Thursday, November 30, 2006

A New Start

Lord, thank you so much for last night! I had an event in High Point, NC and was able to take along Toyia with me. I had not seen her in a good 3 months. She was the first one to "prophesy" over me that i was to go out on my own as far as ministry is concerned. For obvious reason I take nothing she says lightly and just enjoy her company so much. She is a jewel and a precious treasure to me. One of those people that i regret not knowing a ton better now that i am leaving. Bless her pregnancy Lord and keep her close. Her family is still grieving the loss of her father in law. Wonderful man!!

Well, i feel a bit of freedom this morning. I am released from the awesome Daniel study and able to roam about my Bible wherever You would have me to land. I love the Psalms and am going to rest there until i begin to write out my study on idols. I think i am going to wait until i get to my new home to do that. (I hear a mouse in the kitchen. She is about 3 years old and a great climber. I know she is going straight for the gummies even though it is 5:45 in the morning. i think i also hear "it" pee-peeing on the floor. I will be right back! ugh) Yep - it was a mouse and she was getting gummies and yes she was pee-peeing on the floor, etc. OK - now back to being spiritual - i need as angry as i am! ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is Clay's day to go in a get that mole removed deeper. He did not really sleep last night, plus that mouse came to our bed kind of croupy. But he was not sleeping anyway. Lord, i don't know really what to pray for him, but that You calm his nerves and give him peace. Lord, be overly powerful - not that You have to at all, but just do something in him to release him of this fear! More than anything may he be completely fine and no other things need to be done! Please.

I also forgot to mention just because of forgetfulness not lack of appreciation, my Sassy Singles Bible study - i like to call them - had a good-bye dinner for me that was just incredible. They snatched me away on Monday night and filled me good with Olive Garden and then gave me a HUGE gift certificate from there AND and huge gift certificate from a nail place. They do not want me to have ugly nails anymore (like that lady mentioned)! It was awesome. They blessed me once again in an incredible way. I was blown away!

Psalm 30
A psalm. A song. For the dedication of the temple. Of David.

1 I will exalt you, O LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. Lord Jesus - thank you that no one can gloat over my failures and my salvation. Well Satan and his team laugh because i failed again, but ultimately they are the ones failing because I know You! How wonderfully awesome! Thank you for lifting me from the pits. I seem to go there too often sometimes daily, but You are so faithful to lift me out! I know it takes effort on my part to be hoisted out, but thank you for your never ending effort to rescue me again and again!

2 O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. I taught last night about being healed by You and how You will "bara" use a new heart! You will create in us a new heart like David screamed for in Ps. 51:10. Help me Lord stay true to Your will and Your calling for my life. Help me to fight against my greatest enemy - ME! Heal me from me and keep me close!

3 O LORD, you brought me up from the grave ; you spared me from going down into the pit.
4 Sing to the LORD, you saints of his; praise his holy name.
5 For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Amen, amen, amen! That is another thing i would love to do a study on - the favor of the Lord. I do love the part that You do get angry - a righteous anger! I need to know that and i think the world needs to know that. Too many want just a feel good God and one that is just pleased with them and is willing to forgive. All those things to an extent are true, but also one that is moved by anger, yet never sins!

6 When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be shaken."
7 O LORD, when you favored me, you made my mountain stand firm; but when you hid your face, I was dismayed.
8 To you, O LORD, I called; to the Lord I cried for mercy:
9 "What gain is there in my destruction, in my going down into the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it proclaim your faithfulness?
I have asked the same thing before - What good could possibly coming out of this - But there is always God's good and glory rising forth any situation. If i am destroyed at least i will be made new and whole and complete when i see him face to face!

10 Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me; O LORD, be my help."
11 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.
I love JOY! I love it! I think it is so important to living out a life full of Jesus! You just got to have it! Not happy, but JOY! Jesus Others You! Seek first His kingdom, not yourself, Leigh! Lord, find me dancing and praising and shouting for You! May i be Your loudest cheerleader! I love you, Lord! I do - make me love you more!!!

No comments: