Saturday, May 26, 2007

341 - Let's keep in touch

Do you remember me asking over the blog why there are some comments that I can respond to, but there are other comments that do the no-reply blogger thingy....? Well, I have cruising around the net and found a blogger that was frustrated by the same thing... Really the word is "frustrated" because I, too, like to say thank you for the kind words, interesting thought, or just want to connect to say hey!!! And then when i can't respond I get frustrated because I feel like a snob. I was not able to say anything personally to you.... I wonder if others ever feel like I snubbed them or didn't appreciate their thoughts. I know i know - i deal with my people pleasing "problem" on many different levels.

So I found out from this blogger - www.raisingfive.blogspot.com - it is still not something i can do to change it, it has to be the one sending the comment.......... here is her post copied from her site. (A very cute and lively site I might add.)


Certain unexplainable things annoy me. Like how that sock got in my bread cabinet, or why my garage door opener works some days and not others.

When it comes to computers, I'm easily annoyed. First of all, because I still can't fathom that data can transfer over wires (or crazier, VOICE over wires). Even more insane to me is voice OR data over AIR. It is, and will always be, a mystery to me.So I'm amazed that I (of all the non-technical people in this world) may have finally solved the Comment Mystery.

For MONTHS, I couldn't figure out why it is that some people comment and I receive a notification email from this address: "noreply-comment(at)blogger.com."Others comment and I receive an email DIRECTLY from their email?Now, how handy is that? For those fortunate people, I can hit "reply" and say, "Your comment was way deeper than my post. Thank you."I think I figured it out. It's because these people have THIS box checked on their profile.

Here's the Blogger version. Other programs probably have something similar:(Sorry I couldn't help showing off my new toy - SnagIt. I copied that profile screen above straight from my profile. Too fun. What else can I copy?)

ANYWAY, so while I do try to visit you as often as I can, I would really, really love to be able to reply to your gracious comments more expeditiously. Actually, I would just like to reply occasionally at all! Your comments and additional thoughts are what keep me going here, and I'd like to be better about letting you know that.

So if you could just CHECK THE BOX I would love you deeply! Create an email just for your blogging buddies if you are worried about spammers ruining your personal email inbox (I have had no problem with it in all my time blogging).

It will be okay, really. And I might even reply, sometimes.
Labels:
posted at 8:14 AM

Katherine

So there you have it - if you can and will and please do it - go to your profile and check the box............. I would be so appreciative!!!

3 comments:

Nadine said...

I want to thank you for stopping by my blog. I've enjoyed searching through yours.

Holly said...

I checked it on my site...I think you have my email address though. Have a wonderful holiday weekend, Leigh!
Love in Him,
holly

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Hi Leigh,

Thanks for the link - so nice to meet you here and on your ministry site! If you are ever in TX you'll have to let me know!