Thursday, April 05, 2007

294 - Heed my Instructions

Proverbs 6:20 - 24 says "20 My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching.
21 Bind them upon your heart forever; fasten them around your neck.
22 When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you.
23 For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life,
24 keeping you from the immoral woman, from the smooth tongue of the wayward wife."

Adultery is a road that I have not been down - praise the Lord. But that does not mean for one second that anyone in my family or household is immune. Of course we all know this is a road David ventured down, crashed, and just about destroyed his kingdom. Oh Lord, I first want to lift up those that have been the recipient of this kind of sin due to another's actions. Lord, please sink in their hearts worth that may have been destroyed. Whisper in their hearts peace and strength. Bring to them confidence and pride - the good kind. Lord, lift their heads and give courage to stand tall. I can not imagine the feelings of knowing one has been so violated against, but Lord give to that person wisdom for their particular situation and forgiveness in vast amounts. Even if a marriage ends, allows the person to be able to forgive him/her so that bitterness may not take root and be more trouble. Oh Lord, kids that have been involved, protect them in Your sovereign way. Lord, give strength to the single mom and dads just trying to make it since things went so bad. Oh Lord, give those around a huge amount patience in dealing with both parties. Lord, help the one so violated against to know she/he is no lesser of a person. Give them the confidence to not hide their heads or the situation, but be proud for fighting even if they lost the battle. Oh Lord, do Your thing - strength.

Lord, Jesus, help me to keep my eyes open to all potential sin especially one that effects so many others. I mean, all sin effects so many others, but this sin, adultery just seems to directly hit and wound so many innocent. Lord, keep my heart turned only to Clay and all the other foxes - that is what Song of Solomon calls other temptations - to feel major rejection. Help me to not give any false notions or give the impression i am ever interested in anything else with the opposite sex. Lord, keep my eyes pure and focused. Keep my nose clean and in the Book. Lord, guide me - second thought - keep a leash on me so that I can never hurt Clay or anyone in my family in such a way. Oh Lord, i am not immune. As easy as it seems to say I would never go down that road, I know I can not make that claim!

Lord, our man David was bored, he was not doing what he was supposed to be doing, I wonder if he had had his quiet time? May I never get so important - in my eyes - that I neglect my time with you. May i never get so big for my britches that I can put You second, third, or just not first in priority. Lord, may I not pass judgement on those going down this road or being violated. Help us all to seek purity. Lord, this is the cry of my heart today!

Today I am going to Evansville to speak at Washington Baptist Church. I will be speaking on a Balanced Lifestyle. One of my favorites. I heard from Green Bay group and they are still in the process, but did inform me they are coming to a close. I have not heard from the Chicago group... Oh Lord, bring more - I want to minister for You. I love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings Leigh as you travel and minister! I will lift you up in prayer throughout today! Sure love you! Thanks for your sweet comments and wisdom! Tracy

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Have fun at the beach!!! I know you'll have a great time!! I'm praying for more speaking opportunities to come!!!

Anonymous said...

Leigh,

Wow -- what an awesome post and a wonderful reminder!! I get so mad at the enemy sometimes of the things that he will throw at us to trip us up...things that we say we will never do are the very areas where we need to pray and ask God for an extra special measure of self-control!

I love your writing and I have a little surprise for you. Now you don't have to play along (because I didn't want to at first), but I did want you to know that I've given you an "award!"

Come on over to my blog and check ou my post on an award that I got yesterday and paid it forward to you!

Blessings, sweet friend, and have a blessed Easter!!!

Consider Him,
Dori

Karen said...

I recently found your blog and I love it! This post is just so great! God Bless you! I hope you have a safe trip to Evansville and have a blessed time when speaking at Washington Baptist Church.

In Him~
Karen

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Karen - did you get to go to Beth Moore in Columbia??

leigh