Friday, November 17, 2006

The End of a Season

Lord Jesus, my time with this Beth Moore study and Daniel is coming to a close. It has been great and very mind boggling. There have definitely been times that i didn't know how to relate all the history with my personal walk other than just being in awe of all that God revealed to a man after Your own heart. Overall, i think that is my prayer - to be the kind of woman that You can reveal things to and have trust and faith in to do as You ask. Bottom line - be found faithful!

Session 11 - the video time may have been the greatest one to me. It was by far the most intense - I mean, it was the one that she was the most fired up about making sure we "get it" and "do the thang" as she says. The fist 30 minutes were spent on examining the effects of ceasing daily sacrifices. This is what Antiochus did in his reign. He made all sacrifices to be ceased and no more worship. He defiled the temple and God would have his way with him! Oh my!!! Today - have sacrifices ceased???

Beth Moore explained that living a selfish life is the ceasing of daily sacrifices. We are living sacrifices and that means a life opposite of selfishness. "If we miss the whole life of sacrificial living then we will miss our whole purpose for life." This is the part that meant to much to me - We want things BIG and in a SHORT amount of time. We are not willing to wait and put in our time and do our part. We want NOW. Oh how i am so guilty of that Lord Jesus. Of course You know, but i confess that and ask that You help me to change my perspective and ways. Help me to be patient and wait on You. the pursuit of all other things than You can and do become idols in my life and that breaks Your heart AND not something you will stand for! Help me!

A sacrificial life is one that will cost me. The world will tell me to not get out of my comfort zone - but You call us to be stretched. The world says don't go too far - don't get too caught up in this spiritual thing - But You call us to go the distance and abandon all for the sake of the call. The world says to give only in comfort and don't worry so much about others - You call us to give extensively until it hurts! The world tell us you can have it all and do it all - but You tell us that we have to make a choice and to choose the best not just the good!

Lord, i hear You screaming out to me. Or at least i hear it as a scream. I will obey. This week has been a great week. Lots of speaking and still much more to come. I am going to Conover this weekend to do a retreat. I am excited, but i am also excited to get home and be with Clay. Then I speak again on Monday and Tuesday with Stonecroft. Testimony deal again - i really liked that way of ministry!

There is no other life than living for You and with You and in You! No other savior, but You. All other things are rubbish compared to You. May I never serve anything other than You! Clean my heart and make my prayer the honest truth! I want my heart to beat for You and with You! Do Your work in me. Make me ready for Your service! Please bring me more opportunities to serve You! I love you!

Isaiah 17: 10 You have forgotten God your Savior; you have not remembered the Rock, your fortress. Therefore, though you set out the finest plants and plant imported vines,
11 though on the day you set them out, you make them grow, and on the morning when you plant them, you bring them to bud, yet the harvest will be as nothing in the day of disease and incurable pain.

No comments: